An UltraHD Capable Market Ready Platform for Media Applications
Coming soon from Penguin Edge is a turnkey solution based on the Qualcomm® Snapdragon 820™ core. The Inforce 6620™ Application Ready Platform is designed exclusively to drive media applications in a variety of spaces like digital signage or medical devices in an optimized, reliable and secure digital environment. Just plug-and-play and experience the platform’s capabilities through the pre-loaded fully functional Android Board Support Package!
Qualcomm’s® Snapdragon™ suite of SoC products are synonymous with systems capable of high quality encode and decode and security. The Snapdragon 820 processor, integrates Qualcomm® Kryo™ CPU, Adreno™ 530 GPU, Hexagon™ HVX-512 DSP, Qualcomm® AI Engine and the Spectra™ camera Image Signal Processor (ISP).
- The Kryo 64-bit custom CPU is a combination of ARM V-8 compliant cores grouped as performance cluster and efficiency cluster designed to deliver maximum performance and low power consumption.
- The custom designed Adreno GPU architecture provides high definition graphics and enables smooth rendering of high resolution content while introducing general-purpose compute (GPGPU) co-processing for exceptionally low power consumption.
- The 14-bit Qualcomm Spectra camera ISP unit enables hardware accelerated encode in UltraHD (4K) resolution in HEVC and other video compression standards.
- The Hexagon™ DSP for image and audio processing apart from being a vector-processing powerhouse for process-intensive applications.
Penguin Edge has delivered multiple generations of Snapdragon processor-based embedded computing solutions partnering with Qualcomm. In continuation of its strong product roadmap, Penguin Edge’ latest turnkey product combines Snapdragon 820’s excellent hardware architecture with home-grown efficient software solutions to provide a complete 4K encode/decode system with wireless content-sharing capabilities. The platform includes excellent thermal dissipation techniques with an optional fan-less plastic enclosure to enable you to stream/mirror/control of high resolution video content over long durations uninterrupted.
- Media use-cases necessitate the presence of HDMI Input for content sharing from laptops, tablets, and mobile devices. The Inforce 6620 platform enables an UltraHD capable 1.4a/b HDMI Input with EDID negotiations and support for InfoFrame data.
- Dual concurrent rendering of independent content on two HDMI Output ports is enabled on this platform. HDMI v2.0 4K60 Ultra HD + HDMI v1.4a/b 1080p60 outputs are possible.
- Wireless connectivity includes Wi-Fi 802.11ac dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz and Bluetooth 4.2. Miracast is supported out-of-the box for sharing content in FullHD resolution.
- The Inforce 6620 platform’s gigabit Ethernet port enables Power over Ethernet (PoE) supporting 802.3at complaint PD configuration. The platform can thus be powered independently from PoE-enabled switches.
Our engineers are sprucing up an Android BSP for this new product today and we intend to take pre-orders shortly. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting product!