Penguin Solutions at SC22 – It was a full week of announcements, demos, networking, and more!
November was an exciting month for Penguin Solutions! We pulled out all the stops as a key exhibitor that participated in Supercomputing 2022 (SC22) in Dallas. Penguin made three significant announcements — respectively around software, a new cloud partnership, and an acquisition. Plus, we showcased cutting-edge technology demos and our expanded solutions offerings across edge, core and cloud to SC22 attendees and our customers and partners at the show.
How Scyld Are You?
Let’s keep the conversation going! Don’t miss our upcoming webinar, “Taming HPC Complexity with Scyld Software” on December 14 at 2:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m. PT. Get an under-the-hood look at Penguin Solutions’ industry-leading, enterprise-grade HPC and AI/ML cluster management software, Scyld ClusterWare. A 30-minute overview of the features and benefits of Scyld ClusterWare, including a preview of version 12, will be followed by 30 minutes of HPC trivia, with prizes for winners.
Penguin Solutions News at SC22
Scyld Software: New releases of Scyld ClusterWare and Scyld Cloud Workstation include performance boosts and updated user interface to better optimize and manage HPC environments. Penguin’s Scyld software portfolio helps customers manage their HPC environments and get maximum benefit from their investment.
Scyld Cloud Central and Google Cloud Partnership: New Scyld Cloud Central control plane will simplify and accelerate HPC/AI deployment across on-premises and public cloud environments. Users of Penguin’s new Scyld Cloud Central control plane that also leverage Google Cloud can expect to gain the following benefits:
- Rapid deployment of HPC/AI environments to accelerate time to results
- Access to Penguin services to guide the implementation and to support end users
- Ability to start small and scale elastically using a “pay-as-you-go” model
- And much more!
Penguin Computing Acquired Colorado Code Craft: The Penguin Computing group has acquired all software and intellectual property assets of Colorado Code Craft. Penguin and Colorado Code Craft have been working together since 2014, when they collaborated to deliver Penguin’s Scyld Cloud Workstation VDI platform as a remote visualization technology with the POD HPC cloud. The companies have since expanded the product to include numerous follow-on software releases and capabilities. Recent enhancements include the addition of 60fps video refresh support and support for 4K video fidelity for demanding high-resolution workloads — all delivered through a standard browser.
Shell Case Study Debut
Penguin Solutions collaborated with NVIDIA and Shell to improve data center sustainability. Check out our video case study to learn more.
Student Cluster Competition
Penguin Solutions was excited to sponsor our student team, Texacal, at the SuperComputing Cluster Competition. Over the summer, Texacal used the Penguin On-Demand (POD) solution while awaiting their bare metal system cluster to be brought up operationally, which became available last month. Texacal competed in a non-stop, 48-hour challenge during the conference to complete real-world scientific workloads. More on the SCC here.
Demos at SC22
- CLOUD: New HPC-in-the-Cloud control plane that enables point and click provisioning of elastic HPC/AI clusters on public cloud environments.
- HPC: Live demo of Penguin’s Scyld ClusterWare Cluster Management and Monitoring software on AMD EPYC 9004 series hardware. See how Penguin Scyld ClusterWare simplifies management of clusters of up to 500K cores and beyond and provides secure and reliable compute for users and administrators alike.
- CLOUD: Live Demo of Penguin’s Scyld Cloud Workstation software. Now offering 1080p@60Hz refresh and optional local to remote USB device passthrough for enhanced user experience. Scyld Cloud Workstation demo will be conducted with Penguin On-Demand (POD).
- EDGE: Live demonstration of AI video analytics at the edge in action, utilizing real-time data from visitors to the Penguin Solutions’ booth. Analytics dashboard will display occupancy, peak hours, visitor sentiment, and visitor demographics. For this demo, no data will be stored, only metrics captured.
- AI + DATA: Learn how to design, deploy, and manage AI at scale leveraging cutting edge accelerators, data technologies, and sustainable data center design.
- SERVICES: On-demand access to system design and deployment expertise, leveraging DevOps capabilities that have been honed in the most demanding HPC and AI environments.
Follow Penguin Solutions on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook to stay connected.