Case Study: Inforce Computing’s Custom Design Powers a Cloud-optimized Video Collaboration Device
Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Processor-based Inforce Custom Single-board-computer (SBC) Drives Cloud-optimized Video Conferencing Solution for Huddle Spaces Case Study Highlights:
- The cloud-optimized video endpoint is powered by an Inforce custom compute platform based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor.
- Runs an Android OS and delivers HD 1080p30 video capture and playback (H.264 hardware assisted codec) as well as crystal clear audio over the network.
- LVDS-to-HDMI conversion enables simultaneous dual HD 1080p display outputs and HDMI-to-CSI conversion enables 1080p content sharing over the network via Wi-Fi or Gigabit Ethernet.
- Inforce’s custom product development services help pass stringent tests required for UL and FCC certifications and bring the production design to volume manufacturing.
- High performance, lower power consumption, and comprehensive connectivity
- Access to hardware accelerated multimedia processing (1080p encode and decode) on an Android based platform
- Availability of Android BSP and device drivers for multiple peripherals
- Support for multiple displays and HDMI input for sharing content over the network
- Long lifecycle assurance and easier upgrades to future technologies