Android Nougat 7 Support announced for Inforce Products
Snapdragon™ 820 based Inforce 6640 SBC & 6601 Development Kit now support Android Nougat 7
Android Nougat 7 is now available for Snapdragon ™ 820 based Inforce products. The Android release version 2.0 BSP is accessible on the Inforce Techweb for the Inforce 6601 development kit and the Inforce 6640 SBC.
The software release has been upgraded from Marshmallow 6.0.1 to Nougat 7. This release includes support for the same features in the Marshmallow 6.0.1 and has been upgraded to the Linux Kernel version 3.18.31.
The software release package includes pre-fabricated binaries and instructions to fetch baseline source code and build the software.
Supported Peripheral Devices and I/Os for the Inforce 6640 SBC and 6601 Development Kit
- Qualcomm Quad-core ARM®v8 64-bit CPUs organized as two dual clusters viz., Gold@2.2GHz and Silver@1.6GHz each
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 530 GPU
- Access to Qualcomm Hexagon 680 DSP SDK
- 4 GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- HDMI output resolutions up to 4K@30
- MIPI DSI display interface using ACC-1B30, MIPI display adaptor card kit
- MIPI CSI camera interface using ACC-1H70, 21MP camera module for H.264 recording of 4K@24fps resolution
- 1080p USB Camera
- USB 3.0 and USB mass storage
- Gigabit Ethernet
Features Specific to Inforce 6640 SBC
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Accelerometer and Gyroscope Sensors
- RTC (Real Time Clock)
To know more, you can download the release notes for the Inforce 6640 SBC and the Inforce 6601 development kit from Inforce Techweb.