A Compact LGA Module with UltraHD Capture for Smart Camera Usecases
Penguin Edge’s newest product is a production ready compact module based on the Qualcomm® QCS610™ Octa-core processor. The Inforce 6403™ Nano System On Module(SoM) comes in a LGA Package and is designed exclusively to drive rugged smart camera use-cases by enabling Ultra HD resolution video capture smoothly. Just plug-and-play and experience this SoM’s premium capabilities through the development kit that comes pre-loaded with a fully functional Linux Board Support Package!
Qualcomm’s® Snapdragon™ suite of SoC products are synonymous with systems capable of high quality encode and decode and in-built security. The QCS610 64-bit System On Chip, integrates Qualcomm® Kryo™ 460 CPU, Adreno™ 612 GPU, Hexagon™ 685 DSP, Qualcomm® AI Engine and the Spectra™ 230 camera ISP to enable advanced on-device camera processing and machine learning with very good thermal efficiency.
- The customized octa-core applications processor includes dual high performance cores that operate at 2.2 GHz and six low-power cores that operate at 1.8GHz to deliver power efficient edge computing.
- The Adreno 612 GPU is with 64-bit addressing and designed for 845 MHz to provide smoother gameplay with support for advanced APIs and Hardware Tessellation.
- The Qualcomm AI Engine is designed to support on-device machine learning for camera based advanced AI use cases including face detection, face recognition and object tracking.
- The Qualcomm Spectra™ 230 Image Signal Processors (ISP) support staggered HDR, low light noise reduction, enhanced auto-focus performance and several hardware accelerated post-processing features for video capture up to 4K@30fps resolution.
- Qualcomm’s TruPalette™ is engineered to enhance a device display’s appearance through an intelligent color adjustment and gamut-mapping system, to make colors look vibrant and true to life.
- The Hexagon™ DSP includes the Snapdragon sensor core that is designed to support new always-on use cases at reduced power levels.
Penguin Edge has delivered multiple generations of Snapdragon processor-based embedded computing solutions partnering with Qualcomm. In continuation of its strong product roadmap, Penguin Edge’ latest product combines Qualcomm’s QCS610/QCS410 processor capabilities with home-grown efficient software solutions that includes 4G/LTE Cat4 functionality for integrated connectivity. The Inforce 6403 LGA SoM based development kit fully supports all on-board IO interfaces in addition to MIPI-CSI camera, 4K HDMI Output and 4K Display Port output, Gigabit Ethernet and LTE Cat4 through a pre-certified module for the North America and Canada regions.
- Capture/Stream/mirror/control your Ultra HD resolution video content with hardware accelerated HEVC/VP9 Encode/Decode capability
- Integrated connectivity includes 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 1x1 WiFi, RGMII Ethernet and Bluetooth 5.0 onboard the SoM and 4G/LTE Cat 4 for the North America region in addition on the SoM based reference design. Miracast is supported out-of-the box for sharing content in FullHD resolution.
- Wi-Fi calibrated for optimal signal strength and FCC complaint out of the box.
- Concurrent 4K capture and display
- Flexibility to run neural network models heterogeneously across various cores - GPU, DSP and CPU
- Support for Qualcomm Ips/SDKs like Hexagon/SNPE etc through sample applications.
Our engineers are sprucing up an upstream Linux BSP for this new product today and we intend to take pre-orders very shortly for both the Inforce 6403 SoM and the SoM based reference design. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting product!