Penguin Edge 6301
The micro SoM with extended temperature designed for IoT
Single unit priceof $85 for fully-featured SOM
OEM competitive volume pricing available
Penguin Edge has uniquely designed a low cost solution to be at the heart of intelligent devices and gateways at the edge of the Internet of Things. With the superior edge processing, extended temperature grade, and the ability to be deployed at scale, the Penguin Edge 6301 is the ideal platform for IoT specifically for asset tracking, automation and controls, telematics, digital signage, drones, and industrial robotics.
Flexibility to run neural network models heterogeneously across various cores which is a distinct advantage for customers whose products require machine learning
Superior graphics performance and compute capabilities coupled with decreased power consumption with the Adreno 512 GPU
Faster Video Processing
Shared virtual memory with CPU for heterogeneous computing results in faster video processing with low power consumption
Resilient and Upgradable
Compatible with Penguin Edge reference carrier board design and thus enables easy migration to higher performance SoMs
Penguin Edge 6301
Get smarter. Connect all things.
- Superior performance
- Low power
- Wi-Fi/BT connectivity
- Over-the-air software updates
- Deployment at scale
- Security interoperability
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 410E Quad Core (APQ8016 SoC) ARM® Cortex® A53, 64-bit CPU @1.2GHz each
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 306 GPU
- Qualcomm® Hexagon™ DSP @700MHz
- 1GB LPDDR3@ 533MHz (supports up to 2GB)
- 8GB eMMC v4.5 (support up to 64GB)
- NAND flash 1x µSD card interface with support up to HS200
- Bluetooth 4.1 LE
- Wi-Fi Dual stream 802.11 b/g/n/ 2.4GHz
- On-board GPS/GNSS/BeiDou/Galileo
- H.264/263 playback and capture @1080p H.265 playback @720p HDMI v1.3a at HD1080p30 and 720p60 4-lane MIPI-DSI at HD1080p30 and 720p60
- Hi-Fi Audio with 24bit/192Khz playback support HD 5.1 Audio/ Analog: mic in and speaker out combo-jack connector
- Up to 13MP Camera on CSI0 and up to 8MP camera on CSI1
- Choice of pre-loaded Android Lollipop / Ubuntu/Debian Linux board support packages (BSP)
- Power: +3.3V/5A Input Operating Temp: -20 to +70 Degrees Relative Humidity: 5 to 95%non-condensing RoHS and WEEE compliant
ACC-1C10 Carrier Board
55mm X 60mm
The ACC-1C10 carrier board expands basic I/O and connectivity offered by Penguin Edge Micro SOMs such as Micro SD, HDMI, I2C, SPI, UART, GPIOs, USB2.0(Host/Debug), Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to accelerate development.
For immediate prototyping, developers can take advantage of the Penguin Edge 6301 development kit which includes the system-on-module plus a carrier board. Call us with your requirements for a build-your-own carrier or custom board design to quickly take your concept from prototype to production.
Develop with Penguin Edge Micro SoMs
All Penguin Edge Micro SOMs are strictly compliant with Penguin Edge electrical and mechanical standards. They offer seamless interoperability and an easy migration path for system designers.
- Extends product life
- Protects against obsolescence
- Gives multiple performance benchmarks with less work
- Lower prototyping costs
Why Penguin Solutions?
Industry Specific Applications
Accelerate your time-to-market with Penguin Solution’s embedded computing building blocks to design systems for medical imaging, collaboration/ videoconferencing, wearable hands-free computing, and Robotics/unmanned aerial vehicles. Bank on Penguin Edge’s intimate knowledge of Qualcomm Snapdragon processors and decades of expertise in embedded design. Readily available hardware and software building blocks include:
- HDMI to CSI conversion (HDMI-in)
- LVDS to HDMI conversion (Dual-HDMI out)
- Drivers for peripherals such as MIPI-CSI cameras, LVDS/MIPI-DSI displays, USB3.0, USB OTG, PCIe, SATA, WiFI, Bluetooth, GbE, GPS, etc.
- Stutter free rendering
- Full Android and Linux BSP
- Fastboot Android
- Accessories such as high-resolution and stereo camera modules, LCD/touch control displays, sensor boards, etc.
Lifecycle Management and In-House Manufacturing
Penguin Solutions offers a complete lifecycle for development with product design, support and TechWeb portal, and integrated scalable manufacturing. Penguin Edge is highly experienced in supply chain management, testing, global logistics, cost management, manufacturing efficiency and quality.
We manage and own product manufacturing lines in the United States, Malaysia, and China, giving our customers on-demand scaling, quality manufacturing, better lead times, and lower costs. We are dedicated to our customers to provide them the resources they need to get the best product to market in the shortest time at a maximum ROI.
Penguin Edge TechWeb and Comprehensive Support plans
Augmenting Penguin Edge product platforms is TechWeb, a comprehensive online support portal for technical documentation, reference manuals, app notes, tech notes, and FAQs. We also offer packages for one-on-one support delivered by our experienced engineering team.