Introducing – A Turnkey Product with UltraHD@60fps HDMI Input Capability
Penguin Edge’s next product launch is a market ready solution based on the Qualcomm® Snapdragon 845™ core. The Inforce 6720™ Application Ready Platform is designed exclusively to drive networked video content distribution in an optimized, reliable and secure digital environment to suit applications like digital signage or video conferencing . Just plug-and-play and experience the platform’s capabilities through the pre-loaded fully functional Android Board Support Package!
Qualcomm’s® Snapdragon™ suite of SoC products are synonymous with systems capable of high quality encode and decode and security. The Snapdragon 845 processor, integrates Qualcomm® Kryo™ 385 CPU, Adreno™ 630 GPU, Hexagon™ 685 DSP, Qualcomm®’s 3rd gen AI Engine and the Spectra™ 280 camera Image Signal Processor (ISP).
- The Kryo 385 64-bit custom CPU is a combination of ARM V-8 compliant cores are optimized across 4 performance and 4 efficiency cores to deliver maximum performance and low power consumption.
- The custom designed Adreno 630 GPU architecture provides significantly improved graphics rendering and video processing featuring room-scale 6DoF with SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) and Adreno Foveation.
- The 14-bit Qualcomm Spectra 280 camera ISP unit enables capture of 16MP at 60 images per second with no shutter lag and quick autofocus and cinema-quality UHD@60 fps Video.
- The 3rd Generation Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 685 DSP supports sophisticated, on-device AI processing, delivering richer camera and Caffe2/Tensorflow for machine learning.
- StudioAccess™ content protection enables you to run your system in an secure environment with secure boot, DRM and content protection.
Penguin Edge has delivered multiple generations of Snapdragon processor-based embedded computing solutions partnering with Qualcomm. In continuation of its strong product roadmap, Penguin Edge’ latest solution combines Snapdragon 845’s superior hardware architecture with home-grown efficient software solutions to provide a complete 4K60 encode/decode system with wireless content-sharing capabilities. The product comes fully designed and includes excellent thermal dissipation techniques with a fan-less enclosure to enable you to stream/mirror/control of UltraHD video content at 60 fps over long durations uninterrupted.
- Media use-cases necessitate the presence of HDMI Input for content sharing from laptops, tablets, and mobile devices. This product supports HDMI Input at 4K@60 fps for a seamless content pass-through, compression, and transmission for networked video content distribution.
- Dual concurrent rendering of independent 4K@60 fps content on the HDMI Output and USB-C’s DP ports is enabled on this platform.
- Wireless connectivity includes Wi-Fi 802.11n/ac dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz and Bluetooth 5. Miracast is supported out-of-the box for sharing content in FullHD resolution.
- The Inforce 6720 platform’s gigabit Ethernet port enables Power over Ethernet (PoE) supporting 802.3at complaint PD configuration. The platform can thus be powered independently from PoE-enabled switches.
- Ample internal memory with support for up to 8GB of LPPDR4x PoP and 256GB of external storage (UFS 2.1, Gear 3)
- Flexibility to run neural network models heterogeneously across various cores – GPU, DSP/HVX and CPU
- Support for Qualcomm Ips/SDKs like Hexagon/SNPE etc through sample applications
Our engineers are sprucing up an Android BSP for this new product today and we intend to take pre-orders shortly. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting product!