Build your next Snapdragon 820 based Virtual Reality Solution with Inforce 6601
Today's society we live in demands real-time personalized experiences to cater their needs. Hence every niche of the current technology is gearing to adopt the digital transformation. While the future of smart cities lies in how the urban lifestyle consolidates with it, the technologies like virtual reality, augmented reality and IoT are promoting this shift. Virtual Reality per se is constantly extending its educating and entertaining capabilities to the industries such as:
- Simulation training in aerospace, medical and vehicle driving
- Medical applications such as surgical simulations, treating phobias and tele-medicine
- Gaming industry and tele-immersion
- Scientific visualization
- Meteorology and astrophysics
- Industrial robotics
- Architectural-urban planning
- Artistic domains such as virtual museums and site-visits.
What Snapdragon™ 820 has to offer for Virtual Reality?To make VR experience more immersive, we need technologies which make seeing, hearing and touching as realistic as possible. While demanding high processing capabilities, they also should operate with optimal power consumption. Now we see an unprecedented potential in VR due to both technological and operational advancements. Snapdragon 820 provides application developers with state-of-art VR technology. It supports superior visuals, intuitive gestures and heightened audio detail to build devices offering an immersive experience. The Snapdragon 820 processor features:
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 530 GPU - Adreno 530 is capable of generating photorealistic graphics for next-generation virtual reality apps. When compared to Adreno 430, it delivers up to 40% improvement in graphics performance and computing capabilities.
- Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 680 DSP - Improved Hexagon 680 DSP allows CPU to offload multiple imaging tasks. It supports ultra-low power ‘always-on’ sensors and advanced low per image processing.
- Qualcomm Spectra™14-bit dual-ISP with 25MP@30fps - The Qualcomm Spectra™14-bit dual-ISP can capture a wider gamut of colors with its 14-bit image sensors, hybrid autofocus, and multi-sensor fusion algorithms
- The Qualcomm® Kryo™ CPU is a quad-core configuration, clocked at 2.2GHz and is designed to feature 2x performance and efficiency compared to previous generations..
How Inforce 6601™can help you develop a VR SolutionSnapdragon 820 based Inforce 6601™ Micro SoM comes with dynamic capabilities which enables you to develop your VR solution. It provides an optimal ground for a new age virtual reality solution with requisite connectivity, performance, power, and graphics capabilities. The features which make Inforce 6601 a VR friendly Micro SoM are:
- Adreno Visual Display Processing delivers graphics, visual, and display enhancements that improve overall fidelity while reducing power consumption
- Qualcomm® Kryo™ CPU delivers maximum performance and low power consumption. Kryo is Qualcomm's first custom 64-bit quad-core CPU manufactured in advanced 14nm FinFET LPP process (ARM®v8 ISA compatible)
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 530 GPU: Up to 40% better graphics and compute performance at much lower power consumption
- Qualcomm® Spectra™ 14-bit dual image signal processors (ISPs) to deliver high resolution DSLR-quality images using heterogeneous compute for advanced processing and optimal power consumption
- On-board FCC pre-certified WiFi/BT module with 802.11ac MU-MIMO 2.4/5GHz WiFi and BT LE4.1 capability
- On-board PMIC for power management
- 2X 100 pin connectors to bring out comprehensive IOs
- Dual 4-lane MIPI-DSI and HDMI 2.0 interfaces
- Trio of 4-lane MIPI CSI for up to 3 cameras and 28MP
- Quad-core Kryo™ 2.2 GHz 64-bit CPU (ARM®v8 ISA)
- Hexagon™ 680 DSP @815MHz.
- Full 4K Ultra HD HEVC (H.265) video capture and playback
- 4GB LPDDR4 PoP RAM @1866MHz