Download Linux for your Inforce 6640 SBC
This month, Inforce announced a Linux build for the Micro SOM based development kit, Inforce 6601, and now we are providing a similar build for the single board computer based on Snapdragon 820, Inforce 6640. This beta release version 0.4 supports Debian Stretch and provides a desktop environment GUI using LXQt. This release has support for some exclusive features on Linux like MIPI-CSI preview stream, improved thermal performance, hardware accelerated H265 encode/decode, 4K HDMI output with audio coupled with a lot of other standard features.
Key Features for Inforce 6640 Linux release:
• Maximum frequency capability of the CPUs (Gold@2.15GHz each and Silver@1.593 GHz)
• HDMI display of 4K@30fps full-screen resolution with audio
• MIPI-CSI preview stream from an Inforce camera module accessory
• Hardware Accelerated Encode and Decode (H.264/H.265) using file stream as input
• USB HS/SS Host/device/OTG and MSC, HID and UVC classes
• MicroSD up to 64GB storage
• Low speed peripherals like I2C/Serial UART and SPI
• Wi-Fi connectivity and Gigabit Ethernet
• Improved Thermal Performance
• And More!
Inforce 6640 is the first commercial, production-ready SBC based on the powerful Snapdragon 820 SoC in the standard Pico-ITX form factor. With 4K Ultra HD video support, excellent connectivity, and the best in graphics and compute, this single board computer becomes a strong addition to your advanced embedded devices. The SBC ships with a 12V power adapter, USB cable, and acrylic base.
Download the release from the Inforce TechWeb where you can also find more information on what is included in the release. We continue to enjoy hearing your feedback and features you would like to see in our next release. Contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 683-9999 today.