Android 6 Marshmallow now available for Snapdragon 410 based Inforce platforms
Software Update for Inforce 6301 Micro SOM and Inforce 6309 Micro Single Board Computer (powered by the Snapdragon™ 410 SoC)(upgraded Android from Lollipop to Marshmallow 6.0.1)
The Android release version 2.0 BSP has been uploaded onto the Inforce TechWeb for Inforce 6301 micro SOM development kit and Inforce 6309 micro SBC. This software release has upgraded Android from Lollipop to Marshmallow 6.0.1. It supports all the same features that were supported for Android Lollipop including 1080p30 HDMI, USB, 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, SD, GPS, Bluetooth and features a linux kernel 3.10.49.
The software release package contains pre-fabricated binaries that can be flashed with the Snapdragon 410 based Inforce platforms along with instructions to fetch the baseline source code and build the software. You can refer to the link https://source.android.com/source/requirements for directions on setting up your build environment.
This fully featured release supports the following peripheral devices and I/Os:
- Qualcomm® Quad-core ARM® Cortex®-A53 CPU running at 1.2GHz
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 306 GPU running at 400Mhz
- HDMI display at 1080p, 30fps full-screen resolutions along with audio
- USB 2.0 and USB mass storage
- 2.4GHz Wifi, BLE, and GPS
- Micro SD card interface
- 1080p USB camera
- Serial UART and low-speed peripherals
- Access to Qualcomm Hexagon™ SDK
- Inforce 6309 only: LVDS, Ethernet, Audio Jack, 1080p image capture and 1080p@30fps video capture with ACC-1H10 5MP camera, and RTC
The software release packages are now available on the Inforce TechWeb. For more information, download the release notes for Inforce 6301 and Inforce 6309.